On 16/01/2024 9:40 am, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
The LyX team is happy (and relieved) to announce the publication of the first 'release candidate' for the long awaited 2.4.0. You can find tarballs and binaries for Windows and OSX here:

    http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.4/

Strictly speaking, we are releasing RC1 for testing purposes only. Please report any bugs you may find to the user list or the developer list, as you prefer.

That said, many of us have been using the development branch for production work, and we believe it is pretty stable. Remember, however, that files saved with 2.4 cannot be opened in LyX 2.3.x unless you first export them to that format.

Riki

Installed rc1 without problems on windows 10. Documents seem to load and display correctly.

Andrew