On 5/12/24 02:11, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Sonntag, dem 12.05.2024 um 05:53 +0000 schrieb Juergen Spitzmueller:
commit 207eaeee9071cb828a2ab7f4680f8ff92e379af8
Author: Juergen Spitzmueller <sp...@lyx.org>
Date:   Sun May 12 07:52:16 2024 +0200

     Introduce NeedCProtect -1 layout option
    It turns out beamer frame does not allow \cprotect and errors if
it is     used. Hence we need to prevent it in this context entirely.
Riki, I am tempted to propose this for 2.4.0, although we are very late
in the game and this introduces a slight documentation addition.

The problem this fixes is that beamer frame errors if \cprotect is used
within. This can happen if you have an URL with an underscore or some
other special character within a command (e.g., \alert or \structure)
within a frame (see attached MWE). This is not an exceptional scenario
and I am surprised that I only encountered it yesterday with a
presentation that works with 2.3.x. :-(

Since it's a regression, I think you should go ahead. I assume it is otherwise safe?

Note that you'll need to commit to 2.4.x and master separately.

Riki