On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 02:36:17PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Yves> It seems that another number of std:: or using std:: are needed
> Yves> to compile LyX 1.1.6 with GCC 3.0 or other modern compilers.
>
> Yes, a patch to do that would be welcome.

OK, I just did one; now checking if there are no errors with 2.95 (since I
don't have other supported compilers).  The diff is ~1000 lines, trivial.

The only problem I found is with C headers including <string.h>.  This
header injects strlen et al. in the global namespace, and doing
using std::strlen after is an error for GCC 3.0 (didn't check what the
standard says).  So I put
#include "support/lstrings.h"
before
#include FORMS_H_LOCATION
in a number of files.  This is a hack: lstring.h includes <cstring>, and
<string.h> is ignored.
(In other cases, I directly included <cstring>...)

Hm, not attaching the patch right now: I didn't fix other frontends than
xforms

[snip]

--
        Yves