>> I will also need a way of toggling or, alternatively, to know
>> whether an inset is open or closed. Is that possible?
>>
>> JMarc

Angus> Does this cover it? Angus

Angus, I tried yesterday to implement this stuff, and miserably failed
:( It would help me a lot if you could do a sample implementation of
this idea for one inset (pick the one you prefer :).

Currently, I have implemented inset toggling for collapsable insets
only. What remains to be done is

1/ implement it for insets which have a dialog

2/ see what to do with others, like math inset. What would be a
reasonable open/close action? Toggle the math panel?