On Thursday 19 July 2001 16:08, Juergen Vigna wrote:
> On 19-Jul-2001 John Levon wrote:
>
> > can't you un-inline the ert inset automagically when it extends beyond
the right margin
> > of the workarea ?
>
> Probably yes, but do I want to do this? Probably no, as then I would get
> complaints about this automatic behaviour someone surely doesn't like!

Well it seems like a good suggestion to me because it only affects the users
ability to see what's on LyX's screen. Who's going to complain loudly about
"LyX won't let me write text off the end of the screen when I want to"?
Anyway, that's the joy of being an open source developer: you can tell the
user to "get used to this behaviour I've implemented or change it yourself"
if you decide they're being a PITA. As I probably am.

Enough,
Angus