On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, John Levon wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 09:58:55PM +1000, Allan Rae wrote:
>
> > Since the default should be the new look (?name=0) so people can read the
> > pages and because I'm doing the work I guess I can choose from:
> >
> >     slow, bgimage, old, ugly, unreadable, green, traditional,
> >     higraphics, bwhog, why, enriched, rich, prehistoric, 1994,
> >     classic, retro
>
> :rotfl
>
> looks like Allan has won the LDN post prize to me !

If you want to see something with too much graphics take a peek at:

        http://www.elec.uq.edu.au/~rae/test.html

I managed to get the body and the main text to have different images
behind them.  I'm also thinking it might be fun to add different images
for the menubar if people wanted to be really extreme.  Anyway, the menus
don't work on the page so don't complain about that.  The images are just
for testing so don't complain about them either.  The menubar scrolls with
the text because Galeon/Mozilla don't render it properly otherwise.  The
menu is rendered with a black background in Netscape -- the simple fixes
for this we've used in the past don't seem to be working now.

Too many images now perhaps?

This was just an experiment to see what could be done.  It isn't
necessarily a suggested scheme for use on www.lyx.org.

Allan. (ARRae)