On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 05:08:26PM +0200, Juergen Vigna wrote:

> On 23-Jul-2001 Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:
>
> > Try this with "lyx/.../examples/noweb2lyx.lyx" and see.
>
> I did and fixed. Please have a look again!
>
>        Jürgen

I will do it as soon as it shows up in anon CVS.

However, I do have an observation about the ERT-insets versus Latex paragraph
layouts:

1) The ERT inset was supposed to fix and simplify the code. It added no new
   functionality (unless you count their collapsability).

2) The Literate dependency forced me to generalize the Scrap layout,
   adding the PassThru flag.

3) It is now possible to do a Latex layout that is backwards compatible
   with all old documents by simply using the PassThru flag in the
   appropriate layout file.

4) Lars does not like adding the Latex layout back in because there
   would be two different ways of adding Latex.

So, I propose:

* Add the Latex layout back in via the PassThru flag in a small file
  (lib/layouts/latex-layout.inc).

* Remove the ERT inset and all the backwards compatibility loading and
  writing stuff.

This further cleans up the code, completely preserves backwards compatibility,
gets rid of the entire problems with the inset rendering, and makes all the
power users (like Herbert and others) happy.

You could also then do similar things with the DocBook stuff using
the PassThru flag.

                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)