On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 03:32:48PM +1000, Allan Rae wrote:

> > http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/Reinhard.Stepanek/lyx/lyx_artwork.html
> >
> > and feel free to use it!
> > If you will need someone who draws some buttons too, don't hesitate to ask
> > me...
>
> This is sexy but what would be really nice is if the logo actually looked
> like something.  The LyX creature is usually described as a deformed
> platypus.  It'd be nice it actually looked like it could be a real
> creature -- with a beak that isn't just a cariciture.

Hey! I *like* the LyX creature as is. The fact that it is a semi-random
collection of geometric shapes gives it a very unique look.

There are camels and cats and dogs and ostriches everywhere, but none
of them comes close to the unforgettable LyX creature. ;-)

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)