On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 04:32:44PM +0100, Jose Abilio Oliveira Matos wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 05:39:43PM -0400, Amir Karger wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, I don't have much free time, or I could
> > try to help with the uninstalled reLyX problem.
>
>   I have already a solution for that, I will commit it when I come back.

Great!

> I will extend your previous code in the $maybe_dir. I will locate the path
> to the reLyX script and from there I will try to discover where is the
> main_script located. Only some more lines of code...

That sounds right. I'm sort of surprised I didn't do it in the first place.

>   If you see something that isn't the perlish way of doing it please say.

I think I saw a couple things, but they didn't look too egregious. I think I
would have solved differently the paperoptions stuff where you return
subrefs, but it still seems OK.

> At a certain point I was looking for the first char in a line and I was
> doing something like:
>
>   $_[0] eq '#', while the more natural way to do it in perl is /^\#/

$_[0] is wrong anyway, since that looks at the first scalar in @_, which is
very different than the first character in $_! Yet another way to do it
(recall that the Perl motto is "There's more than one way to do it" is
substr($_,1,1) eq '#'. I think I usually use the regex, though.

Enjoy your vacation.

-Amir