Am Don, 02 Aug 2001 11:31:29 schrieb Angus Leeming:
> On Wednesday 01 August 2001 20:51, John Levon wrote:
> > it's really slow to open the cite dialog when you've a big database (takes
> > about 3 seconds on my machine with a database of 1700 odd entries).
> >
> > can it not be cached somehow if we're using bibtex ?
>
> Yes it could be. At the moment the database is re-read every time the dialog

> is opened. I'm in the process of sorting this out.

While you are at it, maybe you could look at this one, too:
When you have a multipart document with x parts, an InsetBibTex in every
included document and in the main document, too (so that you can insert
citations in
each file), the citation dialog in the main document shows every entry of the
bibfile x times, which is x-1 times too much ;-)

Maybe you can sort this out, for this inflation of the citation dialog is
rather annoying.

Thanks,

Jürgen