Michael Schmitt wrote:

> two remarks from a user's perspective:
>
>  - Concerning your discussion this morning, I think it is a very nice
>    feature that references are updated if the corresponding label is
>    changed! I wonder if it makes sense to update references
>    even globally within all open documents. This would be very
>    useful for multipart documents.

from my point of view it may be a feature but not an important
one. you know, that I write a lot of stuff with lyx and I
understand that global label controlling might be useful. but
what are the real problems with labels?
renaming -> no
deleting -> might be, even though it makes no sense, because you
   can have so many labels as you like
doublicat labels -> yes, especially in big docs

the last one can be controlled by latex, also by lyx when
you went into the reference menu.

Herbert

--
http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/lyx/