Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> Dekel Tsur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> | > Then obviously the conversion from latex to lyx is not that
> | > important... at least not important for someone to step up and do the
> | > work.
> |
> | The conversion is important.

to whom? it's obviously that la(tex)->lyx is a nice thing,
but tell me the users who really(!) need this way of
conversion.

as I said: from a users sight lyx->latex is only important
to find critical errors or to convert some stuff to whatelse
ever.
why should I do a lyx->latex->lyx cycle?

> | > And it probably always will.
> | > LyX _is_ more than a latex editor.

some more information please??

> | I disagree. This cycle should give you identical .lyx files (when you are
> | using a latex document class).

no! for a user it's not important to get the same lyx file.
users are interested in the same output, which is not the
same.

> | > Feel free to provide patches.
> |
> | See above...
>
> no patches there...

:-)

there is no known converter from ???->(La)TeX which works well,
means: it does all!

Herbert

--
http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/lyx/