Andre Poenitz wrote:

> > 1.1.6fix3:
> > in an equnarray you can delete the lower right cell.
> > the formula than looks like
> >
> > \begin_inset Formula \begin{eqnarray*}
> > 11 & 21 & 31\\
> > 21 & 22 & 23\\
> > 31 & 32         <----- missing cell!
> > \end{eqnarray*}
> >
> > \end_inset
> >
> But that's no well formed LaTeX, even if 1.1.6 allows you to create such
> beasts.

sure! but it was lyx which allowed the user to do that!
and btw: it's no problem to run this with latex! means
it's allowed latex stuff ...

> It would be pretty difficult to parse bad input, given that it's already a
> pain to parse correct input...

this is another question. why do you have environments
\begin_inset TYPE
\end_inset

when you never stop parsing TYPE with reaching \end_inset???

> > I suppose, that "\end_inset" is not a real delimiter
> > for parsing formulas.
>
> It is not. Actually, it does not even fit well into the scheme, since it
> contains an underscore which is usually not allowed in latex macro names...

I don't know if I understand well: you mean, that all
lyx1.1.6 and older files can't be read with 1.2.0 when
they have this little unimportant bug in a formula????

Herbert

--
http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/lyx/