Angus Leeming wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 August 2001 16:51, Michael Schmitt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think the following bibtex entry is not read correctly (the year is
> > "50BC" in the citation dialog)
> >

> > @STRING{ ProcOfThe = "Proceedings of the " }
> >
> > @ARTICLE{FrinckeTomp96,
> >   AUTHOR =       {D. A. Frincke and A. Tompkins},
> >   JOURNAL =      {Journal of Computing and Information},
> >   NOTE =         {Special Issue: } # ProcOfThe # {Eighth International
> >                   Conference of Computing and Information (ICCI'96)},
> >   NUMBER =       {1},
> >   PAGES =        {986--999},
> >   TITLE =        {Using Symbolic Execution to Detect Undesirable
> >                   Program States},
> >   VOLUME =       {2},
> >   YEAR =         1996
> > }
>
> Yes, the bibtex parser is really simple. It'll be confused here by your NOTE
> I think.
>
> I've been experimenting with running BibTeX on the .bib file and parsing the
> (far simpler and always correct) .bbl file instead. Works a treat. Moreover,
> I can use the same .bst BibTeX style file as the document so we really end up
> with WYSIWYM.
>
> This is a bug, therefore, that won't be fixed. Don't bother to put it into
> your buglist.

I think no bug!
from my point of view not a correct citation form:

should be

   NOTE =         {{Special Issue: } ProcOfThe {Eighth International
                   Conference of Computing and Information (ICCI'96)}},

I had not too much experience with bibtex, so I can't really say why it
should not be. anyway, this works.
it's another question why the parser struggles in fact of the
#-characters.

Herbert

--
http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/lyx/