Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:

> 3. If I understand
> http://www.cs.uu.nl/~piet/floats/
> correct (the LaTeX-gurus might correct me), LyX should add the
> following line to the preamble, if you chose "Here, definitely":
> \restylefloat{figure} %% or whatever float it is
> This is currently not the case.

it's important to prevent a pagebreak in fact of a misplaced
H-"float".

the H-option is absolutely tricky! and from my point of view
it should never appear! it gives more trouble than andvantages.
and a float is no more a float! it's no problem to place a
"nonfloat"-object with or without a caption in any place of the
doc without this H-option.

nice sunday, hope it's better than here in Berlin - cold and rainy

Herbert

--
http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/lyx/