Jose Abilio Oliveira Matos wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 09:08:18AM +0200, Juergen Vigna wrote:
> [...]
> > It REALLY looks good. IMO we should change the ERT inset to this
> > type. Please I would like to hear opinions from others too! We would have
> > a nicer editor. On the other hand people who complained that they would like
> > to see the small pieces as inline view (just in red) for which I made
> > the inlined view inset this would be not enough, but for editing purposes
> > this is definitely enough!!!
>
>   I agree with Jürgen. It looks prety, but I am one of the people who would
> like to see a inline version, if possible, as we have now.

I suppose, you mean with inline that it's part of the main workarea.
If you mean a button "in the line" like a formula, there is no
difference.

>   Would it be possible to merge this two behaviours?

sure, but where is the sense? Jürgens idea of a "wysiwyg" ERT is
much nore better than my GUI solution!!! But there are still
(not easy to solve - am I right??) problems with it, so I thought,
it's better to choose a solution with a clear background:

- ERT should be ascii with no formatting and also saved in the
  lyx source
- ERT shouldn't be spellchecked??
- ERT should give some latex support (more or less)

it may be a good idea (or not) that a 1.2.0-pre has no more the
ERT problems ...

Herbert

--
http://www.lyx.org/help/