On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 05:08:31PM +0000, John Levon wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 02:08:07AM -0500, Matej Cepl wrote:
>
> > I have again been urged to use vim for editing some
> > document on my archaic notebook (where I use M$-DOS and vim) and
> > I was against unpleasantly surprised, that LyX still does not
> > provide interoperability between LyX and LaTeX in terms of
> > comments. Do you think, that it would be really so hard to
> > implement a translation of any LyX note (Insert/Note) into LaTeX
> > comment (with %) and vice versa? It would make things hugely
> > better for me.
>
> I suppose this would be utterly trivial to code, unless I'm missing
> something ?

Well, you have to be somewhat careful. You probably don't want to copy every
"%whatever" as a LyX note. What about %'s that are put in to fix line breaks
in TeX commands? You might want to check the archives, because I think we
discussed this long ago. I know Lars had talked about using Comment style
for this. There is a Comment style in LyX already, right?

-Amir