Juergen> On 10-Apr-2002 Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Juergen> Is it possible to add a search path as a LaTeX command to the
Juergen> single LaTeX file? So that for example all external filenames
Juergen> inside the LaTeX file are without path.
>>  This is what the \input@path macro does, if I understand correctly
>> your question.

Juergen> And do we use it? If not why? Is there a drawback using this?

Yes, we do use it. It works for all latex macros that honor it, like
\includegraphics and \input/include.

I think we have everything in place to have things working `just well
enough', but this stuff will eventually need a redesign.

Unfortunately, I do not have much time to investigate, but I think
making it work with insetgraphics is just a few tweaks away.