On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 05:34:56PM +0200, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:

> John Levon wrote:
> > For tooltips it's not an option because the dialogs will differ, and
> > they are encoded in the .ui file, and I don't want the Qt tooltips to be
> > the George Bernard Shaw essays that xforms has. It would be possible for
>
> Thank God that it is not James Joyce ;-)

That is reserved for certain aspects of the core code. Except without
all the hidden jokes.

> > what's this thingies like the quick description of how to enter index
> > entries etc.
>
> Of course I mean "what's this?", which is an equivalent to our long "tooltips"
> (as I understand them). So the idea was to share the text strings for xforms'
> "tooltips", qt's "what's this?" and gtk's whatever, if that is technically
> possible.

It's technically possible yes. It remains to be seen how many cases this
will be useful for. Since it requires no Qt changes as such, I don't
mind an experiment to see what could be shared.

regards
john
--
"Someone turn off the good idea tap; we're drowning here!"
        - Rusty Russell