On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> Angus Leeming wrote:
> > 'I strongly suggest you use the middle mouse button (in Netscape) to open
> > the image in a new browser window to avoid losing your place'
>
> Well, this is the original "historical" text. I guess the 1999 unix browsers
> were slightly less comfortable.

Wow! People are arguing about my old Graphical Tour. Cool! When I wrote
the original LGT, I was using a Sun Sparc 5 with some old Netscape
browser, and it took _forever_ to load one of those pages. In these days
with 2 GHz processors, pop-ups (and blockers), PHP, and whatever else, I'm
sure one of you kids can come up with something a lot spiffier.

I suggest that you use the old LGT only as a guiding philosophy for the
new one. Rewrite the whole thing (and grab all new screenshots) as
necessary in order to show off LyX in the best light. My old xdvi shots
with your new LyX shots look a bit funny. I might even be able to help a
little bit if you want, though my time available to tinker with LyX over
that last year has dropped to near zero :-( The hazards of real life
intruding ...

But I'm definitely glad to hear the LGT lives on!

Mike

--
Mike Ressler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]