Hi,

I'd like to follow up on a message from Nirmal Govind reporting problems with lyx 1.3.0 on the PowerPC platform (Qt frontend).

My system is the ppc redhat port called yellow dog linux (current release 2.3 with updates installed).

Both the src.rpm and the tarball compile seemingly fine, but at startup Lyx crashes with the sigsegv signal.

Earlier releases mostly even failed to compile, as far as I remember, with the exception of 1.2.1 which I got working (compile&startup) after trying many xforms install variations (it's not part of the distro).

Hope there's future for Lyx on ppc!

Thanks
Sven