Hi

What do you think of adding an entry called "Online resources" (or
"Online help"?) to the Help-menu? When this entry is activated, it would
display links to for instance www.lyx.org, the user's list and its
corresponding archive.

I know that these links (probably) already are somewhere in the
documentation, but I think it would be nice to have them more visible in
the help menu. It would of course also be nice if clicking on one of
these links open a browser with the link.

Here's two ways it could be implemented?

 * Using Help->Online_resources could just open a new help file called
        share/lyx/doc/online_resources.lyx
   Getting "clickable" links would then mean making URLs (the URL-inset
   perhaps?) clickable.

 * Have this information displayed inside the "about"-dialog, under a
   "Online_resources" tab. The menu entry would just open the dialog
   showing this tab.

If this sounds useful, I'll file this idea under bugzilla for the future.

/Christian

PS. Having the URL-inset open a browser with the link when you
double-click on the INSET could be nice in general. Should I add this to
bugzilla?

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr