John Levon wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 11:35:01AM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:
>
> > BTW: I've never ever changed between buffers of UserGuide size, so
> > even if Lars' worries were justified, it wouldn't matter in my LyX
> > usage.
>
> I suggest you try doing it for a while, on some older hardware ...
>
> john, who remembers running lyx somewhat successfully on a 33Mhz 486

Me too :)
1.4cvs is painful on a 233Mhz 96Mb 586. Except for lyx2lyx, 1.3x is way
faster.
In principle, I think the code clean-up is a *good thing* , but
eventually the speed has to return and the other regressions have to be
attended to.
In the mean time, I think the 225 to 215 script should be part of the
1.3x release.
And yes, I frequently change between large (book sized) buffers.

Garst