>>  I am not really used to this {} syntax (I did not know it existed,
>> actually).

Angus> Wow! You introduced it to me! (Remember some mails long ago
Angus> about ways to improve our shell-scripting?) In this particular
Angus> instance, the 'Useless use of 'test'" idea is that we don't
Angus> need if test return status; then... fi but can use the return
Angus> status direct.

I meant this use of {} for grouping commands (especially when the
opening and closing brackets are not on the same line).

Angus> I shall leave that to you, if you don't mind. I'm reaching
Angus> auto-magic saturation point ;-)

But the goal here is to remove some auto-magic :)