Andreas Vox wrote:

> Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> Here I'm using the knode news reader and have no such problems.

Me too.

> AppleMail doesn't do news and I'm not accustomed to ThunderBird yet.

I am sure that decent news readers exist for macs, too.

> Hm, before others complained about:
> a) having problems with MIME type application/octet-stream
> b) replaced characters with text files
> c) prefering easy-to-read (short) patches over applyable ones 'cause
>     they wouldn't apply them anyhow.

I did not understand it like that. I always thought that the policy on this
list was to put one change in one patch, e.g. one patch with the cleanId
change and one with the improved graphics output for docbook. This has not
so much to do with applyable or not, but with the fact that it is easyer to
understand the changes with separate patches. In case you have several
changes that build on each other, first reach a consensus on the first one,
get somebody to apply it, then send the next etc. I did it like that with
the temp file stuff.

Georg