Georg Baum wrote:

> Angus Leeming wrote:
>
>> Georg Baum wrote:

>>> No. This is 1.3 behaviour, 1.4 creates 'images/img.pstex_t' and
>>> 'images/img.eps.' This is alo a case where the converter is called on
>>> the original file and therefore modifies it :-(((
>>
>> Not so. It modifies a COPY of the original file. That's a big
>> difference.
>
> Not for latex export. For dvi, ps, pdf export, yes. The reason was
> probably that we don't want the mangled file names in the .tex file.
>
>> Ok, so the bottom line is that a call to
>>         Export->Latex
>> results in everything that would be needed to compile buffer.tex being
>> placed in the /tmp/lyx_tmp.../lyx_tmpbuf0/ directory? The only
>> conceptual
>
> No. The original files are converted where they are, but we should
> convert copies in the tmp directory.

You mean that if buffer.lyx has a graphics inset referencing foo.eps, then
generating the DVI file does not result in a copy of foo.eps being placed
in the temp directory? I'll take your word for it, but a single directory
containing all necessary files would be neater somehow, no?

>>> Another problem is that fig2pstex.sh does not know of latex's stupid
>>> interpretation of relative filenames (relative to the master document,
>>> not the included one. Therefore images/img.pstex_t contains
>>> \includegraphics{img}, and this fails of course.
>>
>> Ok, I understand your point. I don't think that it's right because my
>> 'nasty' hack changes that to \includegraphics{<absolute path to>/img},
>> no?
>
> ???
> It replaces the filename in the .fig file, not the filename in the
> .pstex_t file. The latter is wrong, the .fig file is ok. Now I get
> confused ;-)

But the .pstex_t file is generated from the .fig file. I'd investigate
further, but Jean-Marc's quotes are biting me.

--
Angus