Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It looks like I opened a can of worms with this XFig stuff

I caught up with my reading (previous DVI file thread on lyx-devel,
insetexternal, etc.) and I don't envy you :-)

> Usually, Mover will just invoke '::rename', or 'mv' when a shell script
> representation is requested for the graphics converter. However, this will
> be configurable, based on file format. Users can register an external
> command to do something more complex.

So it's something like a converter with source format == target format?

Or do converters have a restriction of working only in one directory?

For my taste this whole external file business is already very complicated.
A Mover would be a clean solution but also another concept to learn.
(my head is already spinning from converters, templates, previewloaders,
graphicloaders, etc.)

About your code: how do you decide when to copy and when to move?
Shouldn't there be some parameter in the interfaces?

Cheers
/Andreas