Herbert Voss wrote:

> I have an image with an unknown format, so LyX returns user.
> If I save all these files as *.user then I am able to define
> a converter so that all these images can be previewed inside
> LyX. which is not possible when '' is returned, if I am not
> wrong here. Defining a converter for eps/pdf is another
> question.

The hardcoded "user" return value was only used as a last resort. If you
have a converter from "user" format to something else, you must also have a
"user" format itself.
If this is the case, and your "user" format has the associated extension
"user", then lyx will take the file extension, search the matching format
and will find "user". So your files will continue to work even without the
hardcoded value.

This means that we do not need the hardcoded "user" return value, and
everything is fine now.

Georg