Angus Leeming wrote:

> 2. Change the meaning of the (1.4.x) "$$s" placeholder from its current
> meaning of "<support dir>/scripts" to simply "<support dir>".

The drawback of this approach is that it breaks compatibility with old user
configuration files.
Why not place all scripts (including lyx2lyx, reLyX and noweb2lyx) in
<support dir>/scripts? I don't see why they need own directories. Of course
the additional components of reLyX and lyx2lyx should remain in where they
are.
I don't know how much effort this is, but if it is not too much I would
rather like to maintain compatibility. If it is too much work, go for your
solution, since it will probably not affect many users.

Georg