Angus Leeming wrote:
Stephan Witt wrote:

Angus Leeming wrote:

Stephan Witt wrote:

Angus Leeming wrote:

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Angus> Do you also want the stuff to address André's query? The test
Angus> would become:

Why not. It scares me, but if you say it's portable, go ahead. But the
poor man's version is good enough for me.

Heck, now you've scared me! Why don't we give it to Stephan to try out
on his Solaris machine? Do you want me to commit it to cvs or do you
want Stephan to have a go first?

That's no problem... I can do test a patch for you.

Ok, here is lib/configure.m4 Stephan.

<snip>

Sorry for the delay, I'm a little busy right now.

Hey, don't worry at all! Thanks for doing this.

It is fun. I've to admit I'm working on *nix for years and I never mastered "sed" like you! Afterall I'll have to learn a bit of it.

Now the results:

<snip details>

So, it should be all as expected :)
Stephan

Great. Then I'll commit these patches (attached for reference) to the 1.3.x
and 1.4.x trees.

Thanks, I'll leave the office now.

<snip>

Stephan