Angus> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote: I need this patch to compile the
Angus> 1.4.x tree with mingw. It results in support/globbing.C being
Angus> compiled only if we're building the XForms frontend.
>>  Why don't you just move globbing.* to frontends/xforms?

Angus> Good idea, actually. But the client sub directory stuff is
Angus> still needed.

Yes, I was about to answer to your previous message, which described
your plans. Basically, I think this should not be done by testing for
mingw, which is against autoconf usage, but by checking the feature
you need. If the server and the client rely on select() being
available, then it is _this_ feature that you should test to decide
whether to compile this stuff. The same holds for ispell, of course.