Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit:

How does this fit with the changes that have been done to the 1.4.0cvs
user guide? What is the plan for merging later?

I'll make a diff between the current documentation and the documentation of 1.4 to merge the differences into my new version. So I promise that nothing will be lost!

While having a better 1.3.x UserGuide is definitely good

The new version is planned to be up to date for 1.4 and not for 1.3.
As soon as I've access to a Win build of 1.4CVS, I'll start to add the new stuff of 1.4. But as I wrote, I'll have not much spare time the next time.
I know this was asked before, but what is the plan of LyX 1.3.6 and 1.4. How much time will I have for a suitable 1.4 doc? If you are ready to publish 1.4 this summer, I'll try to have it finished for 1.4.1. So no problem, because the actual version is not so bad, the original authors did a great job!

regards Uwe