Jean-Pierre Chrétien wrote:

> The same happens  with French ligatures OE and oe.
> In lyx I have a shortcut to type in \oe{}, as c\oe{}ur,

Does LyX support \oe and \OE natively? If yes, we should convert \oe to the
native format (an inset?), if not we should leave it alone.
Note that tex2lyx does not aim at all to "pretty print" ERT, i.e. create
only one inset for consecutive ERT or remove superflous stuff. The aim is
to convert evrything that is supported by LyX to the corresponding LyX
construct and to create ERT for everything else in such a way that the
generated LaTeX will be equivalent.

> If you eat the braces, you should take care to insert a space, to get
> c<ert>\oe</ert> ur (in fact, I could have used this syntax for my

This is not needed, because we only eat braces for natively supported
constructs and LyX will add them if necessary.

Georg