Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Now two general annotations for LyX 1.3.6CVS's preferences:

- Why is the screen DPI decreased to 72? Could you please reset its default value to 96 as it is the case in LyX 1.2.x till now?

I don't touch \screen_dpi and, indeed, there is no such entry in lyxrc.defaults or in preferences. Moreover, *my* Exit->Preferences dialog states that LyX finds that the screen dpi is 96.

So, I suspect that you've discovered a bug in the Qt/WinFree qt-mt.dll.

I'm not going to work around this one by adding anything to the generated lyxrc.defaults file. After all, different screens will have different resolutions. Instead, I'll try and come up with a tiny Qt program that probes the screen dpi and get you to try it out. If it too reports that your screen dpi is 72 then we can submit a bug report to the Qt/WinFree people.

- The default roman font is now Arial, which is a bug. Because Arial is a sans serif font, roman fonts have serifs as they increase the readability. Could you please reset this to Times New Roman (the default in Ruurds versions), thanks.

Again, I don't touch any of the screen fonts. Moreover, *my* Exit->Preferences dialog states that
    Roman: 8514oem
    Sans Serif: 8514oem
    Typewriter: Courier

It is returning these fonts having been asked to search for fonts with:
    roman_font_name = "times";
    sans_font_name = "helvetica";
    typewriter_font_name = "courier";
    roman_font_foundary = "";
    sans_font_foundary = "";
    typewriter_font_foundary = "";
(The default values)

Again, I suspect another Qt/WinFree bug. I'll try and put together a test case for the Qt/WinFree people.

Angus