Bennett Helm wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2005, at 2:59 PM, Angus Leeming wrote:
>
>> On other platforms I'd suggest using the lyx_32x32_16colors.png image
>> (which is one of the images embedded within the Windows .ico file).
>> It's a little "smoother" than the existing lyx.xpm file.
>>
>> Thoughts? Objections?
>
> Mac OS X uses even swankier 128x128 icons.
>
> Currently these are the icons on Mac:

128x128 is too big for Windows (32x32 seems to be the norm). But if you
made SVG files out of these then it's really easy to make smaller bitmaps
and then clean them up in the gimp.

As for the LyX Monster, see lyx.svg in the
development/Win32/package/icons

> Should I change them to make them more consistent with Windows icons?

I think that your are fine. It might be a good idea to get a decent
graphics artist on board to make us the equivalent of the firefox logo ;-)

--
Angus