Angus Leeming wrote:

Btw. please don't deform my code as you for example did in lyx_utils.nsh. I don't like meaningless variable names like "$0" as it makes it difficult for me, others and yourself (e.g. if you haven't had a look at the code for half a year).

Shrug. Your code caused the compiler to emit a couple of warnings, so I silenced it.

Hä? What are the warnings messages? I don't get warnings as I meticulously pay attention not to get them.
Not to be correct is a strong imputation for a german ;-)

> But basically, NSIS is a language to hide meaning, not make your intent
> clear :-(

I don't think so. One just needs to define variable names stating its useage. This increases the writing time but helps a lot.

To be a good german I updated the last update to the package as I promised:

http://fkurth.de/uwest/LyX/Installer/lyx_setup_136proposal-v15-3.exe

In the meantime I got more feedback so thatthis version contains a bug fix (logic fault) for the first summary page. New is that if one of the three needed programs could not be found, the "Next" button is renamed to "Quit" and the "Cancel" button disappears. The implementation is simple:

!insertmacro MUI_INSTALLOPTIONS_WRITE "io_missing_progs.ini" "Settings" "NextButtonText" "Quit" !insertmacro MUI_INSTALLOPTIONS_WRITE "io_missing_progs.ini" "Settings" "CancelShow" "0"

See the actual lyx_installer_small.nsh on my script webpage. I leave the old version as lyx_installer_small_old.nsh to let you make a diff if you started the merge yet.

NOTE My installer version supports also the swedish language, please also add this to your version too.

??? How peculiar. I thought it already had it... Yes, it does.

I mean if the installer is started in swedish, the default manue language will be set to english as swedish is not yet supported by LyX. OK this is not necessary but it is good to have te code in lyx_utils.nsh for further work.

Yup. But as understand it you also don't like the way of my font installation.

No, I think that your font stuff is excellent.

You wanted to add me once to LyX's "fame list" of lyx just for translating the installer strings. I think you can add me now for the code contributions to the installer, if my code is really "excellent" ;-)

regards Uwe