Asger Alstrup wrote:
>> Where does 'gstring' come from? There ain't no typedef to
>> std::string.
>
> I took the code from somewhere else and tried to make it self-contained,
> although I obviously didn't succeed.

OK. I'm glad to see that I got to the core of it anyway.

>> Finally, and most importantly, how do you envisage this class being
>> used?
>
> I would put this code directly in the LyX executable, when compiling for
> Windows.

Urg. Have you ever met Lars? He's a troll from Norway who lives under
bridges, popping up only to eat unsuspecting innocents like you. Or me.

Actually, this thing feels very similar to the communication with xdvi
that we already have through the lyxsocket class (*nix only ATM). The only
two unix functions that need rewriting for Windows are in
support/socktools.C:

namespace lyx {
namespace support {
namespace socktools {

int listen(std::string const &, int)
{
        return -1;
}

int accept(int)
{
        return -1;
}

} // namespace socktools
} // namespace support
} // namespace lyx

Write those, and communication with this acroread wrapper as a standalone
app becomes a distinct possibility.

--
Angus