Hello from a tester,

I did not meet with success in setting up tex2lyx.exe
and tex2lyx.cmd.  I received the error message: "Cannot
open specified file. Create new document with this name?"

Originally, I had a C:\python24 not under Tools. So I made
a directory c:\tools and moved python24 underneath it
so as to conform with this instruction from Nicolas in
writing tex2lyx.cmd

set PYTHONPATH=C:\tools\Python24\lib;C:\tools\Python24\dlls

I've tried this twice, with attention to detail. Unless I have
the directory structure messed up as mentioned below,
there seems to be a problem. I took Python out of the PATH
as recommended and put tex2lyx.exe and tex2lyx.cmd in
the Path as instructed. Unless I have the wrong directory
structure constructed. I thought that in Windows that
putting the prime directive in the path was sufficient since
dos searches all the sub-directories unlike *nix?

C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen\Application Data\lyx

lyxrc.defaults
\converter latex lyx "reLyX -f $$i" ""

preferences
\converter "latex" "lyx" "tex2lyx.cmd $$i $$o" ""

http://wiki.lyx.org/LaTeX/LatexToLyx

 LyX/
    bin/
      reLyX
      tex2lyx.exe
    Resources/
      lyx/
        lyx2lyx/
          lyx2lyx

SH: I presently have C:\program files\lyx

with C:\program files\lyx\bin  sub-directory
with C:\program files\lyx\Resources sub-directory

SH: I am not sure if I made a mistake but I also have:

C:\program files\lyx\Lyx with sub-directories as shown above:

LyX/
    bin/
      reLyX
      tex2lyx.exe
    Resources/
      lyx/
        lyx2lyx/
          lyx2lyx

SH: So I have two bins and two Resources and two Lyx's.
I couldn't tell if these should have been combined as there was no mention of
overwriting reLyX; the new reLyX, 2.57 Kb
and the old reLyX is 2.55 Kb and they both currently exist,
although only the newer reLyX is with tex2lyx.exe and tex2lyx.cmd. This line in
Nicolas' tex2lyx.cmd seemed to
indicate two lyx directories are involved:

set LYX_DIR_13x = %~dp0..\resources\lyx
or it would have been written \resources\bin\lyx