Hi All,

After reading all the inputs, I really wet worried about my installation so I
decided to uninstall Lyx and reinstall it again, accepting all default settings
proposed by the installer.

Starting the program from the installer gave me the menus in english.  After
closing the program and reopening again, all the menus were in spanish as it
should be (LANG=es_ES)

I loaded one of the files with lots of math in it and Instant preview worked
also both for math and pictures, so my believe is that I did something wrong
the first time.

Thanks for the follow up

Eugenio Guevara

Angus Leeming
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:37:06 -0700

Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Angus Leeming wrote:
FWIW, I just opened a doc with spaces in the path (though not in the file name
itself) and instant preview worked fine. I did have to scroll through the
document to induce instant preview to update the display, but that seems to be
normal modus operandi. (This was 1.3.6pre17 on XP Pro.)
Hi, Paul. Could you repeat the exercise using a file name with spaces?
Disclaimer: There's something intermittent going on here, and since
intermittent can be a synonym for stochastic, I'm not sure if I've established
the pattern.
  On the one hand, I tried a small test file with spaces in the name, sitting
on my desktop (which means under Docs & Sets, which means spaces in the path as
well), and the spaces did not seem to effect instant preview.
Good. Then I'll file Eugenio's report under "unexplained user-side problem".

On the other hand, something else did. It appears that if the document contains
one or more math insets that use AMS math symbols, and if AMS Math isn't
checked in Layout | Document | Packages, then instant preview not only won't
preview the offending insets (which makes sense, since latex should choke on
the unknown symbols) but also won't preview any insets that use plain TeX
symbols. Turning on AMS Math after loading the document is not sufficient to
resolve the problem; you have to save the document (with AMS Math selected),
close and then reload the document.
  On the gripping hand, opening an offending document (with AMS Math off) and,
without necessarily turning AMS Math on, editing a non-offending formula will
get it previewed (but you lose the preview if you edit it back to its original
state).
Probably. I cache results and error handling isn't really thought through
carefully.
  Editing an offending formula after turning AMS Math on will get it previewed,
but again not if you edit it back to its original state.
I think you're describing "expected" behaviour. Not necessarily how you'd want
it, but behaviour that reflects the way the thing is coded.
  So maybe Eugenio's experience was confounded by this (file with no spaces
used vanilla math, file with spaces used AMS math)??
Angus