Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Jean-Pierre Chrétien wrote:
[...]
> > What am I doing wrong ?
>
> The aspell library is compiled into lyx as a static lib. That's rather
> unfortunate, because it means that the configuration data that's
> compiled into lyx's aspell lib may or may not match the locations of
> data and dict on yours.
>
> I'd expect (from memory) that you should have
>     C:\Aspell\dict
>     C:\Aspell\data
> directories and that these should be populated.

Right here.

> You could also use an environment variable ASPELL_CONF to point to a
> configuration file containing the equivalent output to
>     $ aspell dump config
> That way, I believe that the static lib within LyX will also use this
> configuration file.
[...]
> Does this help any?

I ran in a dos console
....>C:\Aspell\bin\aspell.exe dump config >C:\aspell-config
and set ASPELL_CONF to conf C:\aspell-config without success.

Aspell *does* work for Stephen Harris (from a private post), I'm checking
with him and I'll keep devel-list posted.

BTW, on Solaris  I can control what are the files opened when I call the
spellchecker with
->truss -f -t open lyx

Any similar tool on Windows ?

--