Hello developers,

I use lyx for technical reports for several years (with great success
and pleasure, thanks to you), but currently I still use Xemacs/pdflatex
for beamer presentations.

Here a few remarks after a round trip when trying to turn a foo.tex
file written in beamer class into foo.lyx:
-------- one is about the optional arg to the \frame command
\frame[plain]{\titlepage} -> \frame{[}plain{]}{titlepage}
-------- The others all happen when closing a frame:
 \end{itemize}                   \end{columns}} % end frame
\end{columns}              ->
} % end frame                    \end{itemize}
--------
\column{0.45\textwidth}
\end{columns}              ->   \column{0.45\textwidth\end{columns}}}
}
--------
In fact, the \column command (and the } closing the frame)
belong to the preceding environment in the lyx code, e.g. layout Itemize
remains open as no layout Standard appears before the ERT inset.
layout Itemize
[...]
\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard

\backslash
end{columns}
\end_inset

It seems located inside the ERT, where it has no effect I guess.

Sorry if this has been reported, is bugzilla appropriate for tex2lyx ?
I can downsize this to a minimal two-slide example if needed.

HTH

--
Jean-Pierre