Jean-Marc Lasgouttes schrieb:

I accept such changes when (1) we have a patch already (2) it has been
well tested and (3) Lars accepts it in 1.4.0cvs. The best way to
proceed would be to make a patch against 1.3.6cvs and work with it for
some time.

Unfortunately I don't have the time for this at the moment.
But I can't imagine that the changes can cause troubles. It is just to put \begin and \end commands on a new line. But of course it is better to test such things over a certain time - so OK this is a thing for 1.4.0.

What I am worried about is having blank lines before \end
that would confuse mathed.

We would have only a blank line before the "\end{document}" command and this don't affect mathed.

regards Uwe