Clicking in a table cell is supposed to place the cursor in that cell, not some other cell. If the I-shaped mouse cursor spans two cells, then it is expected that the cursor goes in the cell that has most of the cursor. Lyx1.3 does that.

In lyx1.4cvs, if as much as a single pixel of the mouse cursor sticks into the cell above, then the text cursor goes into the cell above. quite unexpected to the user, who positioned the mouse cursor in the cell below.

Seems that the mouse cursor hotspot incorrectly is at the top of the cursor, when it ought to be in the middle (when using a mouse cursor shaped like an "I".)

This may be one of the "little" things, but it is a regression and hopefully not that hard to fix.

Attached two small png files that shows the problem.

Helge Hafting

PNG image

PNG image