On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 06:38:26PM +0100, Daniel Watkins wrote:
> And now, ladies and gentlemen, we return you to your regular
> programming. A MathEd bug!

Did I mention that I feel a bit humilitated by your recent activities?
But lucky me there are a few people out there trying to cover my
backside...  [Never mind, though. They've been some of the best bug
reports for mathed I've seen for years...]

> Bug 2069: Movement out of sub/superscript works unexpectedly
> left or, at any point in the sub/superscript, you press up/down
> (sub/super), the cursor is moved in front (left) of the object on which
> the sub/superscript is being added, as opposed to the right-most end of
> the object, below/above the super/subscript.

Ugly, isn't it... The main problem here is that up/down in math is
extremely tricky to get 'right' in the general case and I rarely like
work-arounds for special cases. Of course, super/subscripts already get
a lot af special interest, so work-arounds for these 'special' cases are
more or less in order. Just trying to explain why it is like it is...

> If anyone can think of a word which refers to subscripts and
> superscripts collectively, that bug report would be much more
> readable. :P

In MathEd super and subscripts are handled in 'MathScriptInsets'
and the term is simply 'scripts'. But that's completely ad-hoc.

Andre'