Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> There's already code in the script to test whether ps2pdf13 exists. That
> code should be extended to test whether the ps2pdf version that's used
> actually works with pdflatex.
>
> Something like:

> cat << EOF > testdoc.tex
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \begin{document}
> \includegraphics{test.pdf}
> \end{document}
> EOF
>
> success = 0
> for converter in ps2pdf14 ps2pdf13 ps2pdf12
> do
>     rm -f test.pdf
>     $converter test.eps test.pdf || continue
>     pdflatex testdoc.tex && {
>         success = 1
>         break
>     }
> done
>
> rm -f test.pdf testdoc.tex
>
> test $success -eq 1 && ps_to_pdf_command=$converter

Cute!

However, if ps2pdf12 is selected, it does not solve the problem of
having to manually specify the bounding box, as in
\includegraphics[bb=0bp 0bp 350bp 230bp, clip]{test.pdf},
otherwise test.pdf will be very large and will be put on a separate page
even if it is a small image.

Enrico

P.S. Angus, let me congratulate you again on the new arrival!