Abdel wrote:

> Angus Leeming a écrit :
>> Abdel wrote:
>>> Hello Angus,
>>>
>>> With the shared version all demos and examples compile and execute OK.
>>> Ouf... But the linkage only took an hour and sometimes more than 400
>>> Megs! I understand why Michael insist on compiling static Qt.
>>>
>>> I had lots of trouble trying to compile aspell so I gave up.
>>
>> You can always go back to this later.
>>
>>> Now onto lyx...
>>> The configure fails with:
>>>
>>> checking types of arguments for select... int,int *,struct timeval *
>>
>> Your configure.ac has DOS-style line endings. I believe that there's
>> some magic in the build_lyxwin.sh script to clean that up...
>
> You're right but it failed apparently:
>
> sed: -e expression #2, char 2: Unterminated `s' command
>

>> Try the attached dos2unix.sed script as
>> $ sed -f dos2unix.sed configure.ac > tmp
>
> it does the same:
> sed: file dos2unix.sed line 1: Unterminated `s' command

Ok. We have several options.

1. If you have the MSYS-DTK installed then you'll have dos2unix.exe:

  $ dos2unix.exe configure.ac

However, that changes more than just line endings; it may or may not break
stuff...

2. Recreate my sed script yourself. From an MSYS terminal window:

  $ sed 's/^M$//' configure.ac > tmp
  $ mv tmp configure.ac

where ^M is generated as the key sequence Cntl-V Cntl-M.

3. Try the scripts (attached) again. This time they're compressed so the
transport process doesn't mess them up.

  $ gunzip dos2unix.sed.gz
  $ sed -f dos2unix.sed configure.ac > tmp

4. Use the 1.4 configure script at.
   http://www.lyx.org/~leeming/configure.gz
Don't run autogen.sh or it'll be overwritten.

> Sorry for all this. I'll maybe wait for a formal (beta) delivery of lyx
> 1.4

<shrug>And who is going to compile that?</shrug>

--
Angus