On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 11:41:55AM +0100, Abdel wrote:
> Helge Hafting a écrit :
> >>Abdel> Oups, I have just discovered the math and table bars right
> >>Abdel> clicking on the top toolbar. All I can say is WAHOU !!! :-)
> >>Abdel> Sorry for that.
> >>Abdel> Very good! This should be the default IMHO.
> >>
> >>Not everybody appreciates to have toolbars popping up at seemingly
> >>random times. What we need is an user interface to set these values.
> >
> >That'd be nice.  In the meantime, what exactly do I do to my
> >"default.ui" in order to enable this labor-saving behaviour?
>
> Under windows, the location would be:
> <lyx-1.4.0>\Resources\LyX\ui\default.ui
>
> Modify the toolbar section like this:
>
> Toolbars
>       "standard" "on,top"
>       "extra" "on,top"
>       "table" "table,bottom"
>       "math" "math,bottom"
>       "minibuffer" "off,bottom"
> End

Thanks a lot!

Now, I understand that this won't be the default, but how about sticking
a commented-out version of this example in the distributed default.ui?
That should be safe even for 1.4.0, it is only documentation
this way.  And it sure makes life easier for anyone wanting to
customize this. Then the nice GUI setup can be made for 1.4.1 or whatever.

Helge Hafting