Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Note that Ruurd Reitsma has had success in the past using a cygwin tool
> that takes a g++ command and converts it to an msvc one. Do a google
> search on "wrapmsvc". Personally, I never succeeded in getting it to work,
> but then I never really tried that hard.
>
> The incentive to use it is that it would enable you to use LyX's existing
> automake/conf stuff to generate config.h and build the Makefiles and to
> then use MSYS's standard "make" to build LyX using MSVC.
>
> I attach a script that I've used in the past to play with all this.
> However, I don't think that I ever got configure to run successfully and I
> certainly didn't spend any time investigating why not.
>
> Perhaps you'll find this useful though?

Hi Angus! Welcome back ;-)

The problem is that you cannot compile Qt with the free MSVC, so even if
you can build LyX, you would be stuck.

I know that an MSVC program can call a C compiled MinGW DLL, but what
about C++?

OTOH I was investigating MSVC because I cannot compile a dynamic Qt
library with MinGW (I only have 256Mb RAM and the thing needs much more).
So the MSVC path is moot for me.

--
Enrico