Georg Baum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>
> > Passing the version suffix to lib/configure is indeed a different
> > problem. Could we postpone it to 1.4.1?
>
> Of course, since it is also present in 1.3. I only noticed it. But it might
> be a good idea to mention it in the release notes.

In 1.3, there was only one binary which needed to be preserved
in site installations (reLyX did not change between versions).

It's new in 1.4 to live with 3 binaries prone to update at each
release (I guess there is lyxclient as well as tex2lyx), so that
reconfigure must be aware of this.

>From 1.3 to 1.4, no problem to rename tex2lyx-xxx and lyxclient-xxx
as tex2lyx and lyxclient (they do not exist in 1.3), and then reconfigure.

--
Jean-Pierre