Angus Leeming wrote:

> Lars Gullik Bjønnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> The script doesn't know anything about version control. It builds the
> checked-out sources into a LyX executable.
>
>> | -- cvs/development/Win32/packaging/build_lyxwin.sh
>> | +++ lyx-devel/development/Win32/packaging/build_lyxwin.sh
>> |         # The configure script will be unable to create config.h if it
>> |         # contains Win32-style line endings.
>> |         rm -f configure.ac
>> | -       sed 's/^M$//' config/configure.ac > configure.ac.$$
>> | +       sed 's/
>> | +$//' config/configure.ac > configure.ac.$$
>> |         cmp -s config/configure.ac configure.ac.$$ && {
>> |             rm -f configure.ac.$$
>> |         } || {
>
> We needed (something like) this because CVS imports text files from the
> repository and gives them Windows line endings (\r\n) by default.

With svn you can specify whether a checked out file should have always \r,
always \n, always \r\n, or the native line ending of the client OS (the
latter is the behaviour of cvs). See
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s02.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.3.5

IMHO the right fix for this problem is to set the svn:eol-style property of
configure.ac to LF and remove the above code in build_lyxwin.sh.

Of course this should be done ny somebody who can actually check whether it
has the desired effect on windows.

Georg